There’s a mat with your name on it!
We now only offer Yin Yoga Flow class on Friday mornings. The class is suitable for all levels, including absolute beginners, but is limited to just six people.
The class takes place in a wonderfully light and airy log cabin with underfloor heating. As numbers are restricted, pre-booking is essential.
Free Online Yin Yoga Classes
Not sure if Yin yoga is for you? Why not try a short class or two for free. I have created six free 30-minute beginners’ yin yoga video lessons, each focusing on a different move.
Click here to sign up.
Autumn/Winter dates 2021
17th and 24th September
15th and 22nd October
5th November to 10th December block of six
Individual classes in September and October cost £15 each. Class package: block of six in November/December costs £90
Individual Yin Yoga Flow class in September/October
with Kathryn Ellis
Yin yoga is a quiet and simple practice that consists of a series of long-held, passive, floor-based postures (“asanas”). The cabin is ideally suited to yin yoga with its warm floor (it has underfloor heating!) and natural setting in the garden. In the summer, come and listen to the birdsong as the sun sets; in the winter come and enjoy the cocooning effect of the dark sky above (there are large Velux windows in the ceiling) and warm floor below. There are plenty of props (bolsters, blocks, blankets) to support you in every asana to allow you to fully relax and let go.
The four main principles of yin yoga:
- Find an appropriate edge: move slowly and gently into the asana; look for an appropriate amount of intensity; never stretch so far as to cause pain
- Stillness: consciously try to release into the asana and to remain still without shifting position
- Hold the position: you will be guided to stay in each asana between 3 and 5 minutes
- Release with care: you will be encouraged to move slowly out of each asana and to really take notice of how your body feels
Benefits of a regular practice:
- calms and balances the mind and body
- can help reduce stress and anxiety
- helps to release tension held with the myofascial network of the body
- aids deeper relaxation
- can help restore joint mobility
Yin Yoga Flow
Yin Yoga Flow is a meditative, flowing form of yoga that encourages you to slow down by synchronising your movement to a slow, steady breath. Certain postures (asanas) are held within the sequence and transitions are broken down to help you focus on the balance of strength and flexibility required for each move. Connecting your movement to your breath encourages the practice of mindfulness or staying in the moment.
Yin Yoga Flow is for all ages and for all abilities. All levels of yoga practitioners can find their own personal challenges as they slowly and mindfully move through the series of movements. You will be encouraged to consider if, how and when an asana should be modified with plenty of props available to help ease your body into deeper stretches. While the basic structure of the class is geared towards a moderate level, you are welcome to make the class as gentle or as challenging as you like.
Introductory Workshop in Thai Yoga Massage
Sunday 24th October 2021
A half-day workshop open to anyone interested in learning more about Thai Yoga Massage. Find out how to give and receive a short Thai massage routine that you can practise at home on friends and family.
Quantum Potential Luxury Retreat in Plaka, Crete
Saturday 2nd-Saturday 9th October 2021
- 5 days of yoga and self-discovery workshops in stunning Cretian villa with breathtaking views
- Choice of accommodation in luxury aparthotel with sea and pool views
- Delicious, nutritious meals freshly prepared with local ingredients
To book a class, please call Kathryn on 07967 751158, or email email@example.com